1. Will this workstation wipe my SaS drives?
The KillDisk Desktop only has SATA, USB & e-SATA ports, so SaS drives are not supported. KillDisk Industrial with a SaS drive compatible system would be a more suitable solution.
2. How to erase disks using Graphical User interface?
If you have connected peripheral devices (monitor, mouse, keyboard) to the KillDisk Desktop station, you are able to use the GUI to control KillDisk operations.
3. How to erase disks using LCM panel?
KillDisk Desktop is able to sanitize disks without of any peripheral devices. To erase disk or group of disks:
4. How to back up the system, preferences and user data?
5. How to restore the system, preferences and user data?
6. How to restore system to factory settings?
7. How to re-install KillDisk Desktop on the hardware?
If the system disk (named UDinfo MD XXX, size is 1GB) is somehow re-formatted, system areas are overwritten, or disk becomes otherwise damaged, your system will be unable to boot properly. You will need to re-install the operating system and KillDisk Desktop software on the hardware to fix these issues.
To re-install the operating system and the software: